Related Video: Supervised Mode: iOS
By default, a device in supervised mode will not register with activation lock. Even if ‘Find My iPhone’ is enabled on the device, activation lock is disabled. See Supervised Mode.
Allow Activation Lock While Supervised
In KACE Cloud MDM, an admin can enable or disable the security setting that allows supervised devices to register with activation lock. While there is an added security benefit to enabling the feature, there is potential for a supervised device to become inaccessible to the organization.
To manage this setting:
- Go to the Libraries tab.
- Choose Option Sets.
- Select an iOS Option Set.
- In the right panel, scroll to the Activation Lock section.
- Select Enable, Disable or Device Default, then click Save.
Activation Lock Bypass Code
Before resetting a device, an admin should ensure that activation lock is disabled. If activation lock isn’t disabled before device reset, an activation lock bypass code can be used as a password.
To locate the activation lock bypass code:
- Go to the Devices tab in top navigation.
- Select a device.
- In the right panel, select General.
- Scroll to the Security section to locate the 30-character bypass code.