Integrate with KACE Systems Management Appliance
Related Video: SMA K1000 Integration
To configure the integration between KACE Cloud and KACE SMA:
- Open both products side by side.
- In KACE SMA Administrator Console:
- In left navigation, click Inventory > Discovery Schedules.
- Under Choose Action, select New.
- For Discovery Type, select External Integration.
- Name the Discovery Schedule.
- Select the KACE Cloud option.
Next, the device admin must retrieve two pieces of information from KACE Cloud: The Tenant Name and Secret Key.
- In KACE Cloud:
- Select the Settings tab in top navigation.
- Choose KACE SMA (K1000) in the left-hand navigation.
- Copy the Tenant Name and paste in the correct field back in K1000 (shown below).
Your Tenant Name is the prefix of your tenant-name.kacecloud.com URL.
- In KACE SMA:
- Below the Tenant Name field in K1000, locate the Credentials field.
- Click Select Credential > Add Credential.
- To locate Secret Key in KACE Cloud:
- In KACE Cloud, select the Settings tab in top navigation.
- Choose KACE SMA (K1000) in left navigation.
- Copy the Secret Key and paste in the correct field back in K1000 (shown above).
- Click Save.
- In KACE SMA, before saving the Discovery Schedule itself, remember to check Auto Provision Devices. This will ensure that all devices are viewable under the Devices section in inventory.
- To run the new schedule in KACE SMA:
- In KACE SMA, in the Discovery Schedules view, select the new schedule.
- Click Choose Action > Run.
When the run completes, you’ll see the number of nodes that were discovered. To see a list of all devices in the new schedule, open Discovery Results.
For complete information about the KACE Systems Management Appliance, see the KACE SMA Administrator Guide in your on-premises product.