Enable activation lock on iOS devices
Related Video:<![CDATA[ ]]>Supervised Mode: iOS
The following features can help manage against activation lock (i.e., an inaccessible phone) when a device is returned by an employee.
By default, a device in supervised mode does not register with activation lock. Even if Find My iPhone is enabled on the device, activation lock is disabled. See Enrolling iOS devices in Supervised Mode
Allow Activation Lock While Supervised
In KACE Cloud, an administrator can enable or disable the security setting that allows supervised devices to register with activation lock. While there is an added security benefit to enabling the feature, there is potential for a supervised device to become inaccessible to the organization.
To manage this setting:
- Go to the Libraries tab.
- Choose Option Sets.
- Select an iOS Option Set.
- In the right panel, click Edit, then scroll to the Activation Lock section.
- Select Enable, Disable or Device Default, then click Save.
Activation Lock Bypass Code
Before resetting a device, an administrator should ensure that activation lock is disabled. If activation lock is not disabled before device reset, an activation lock bypass code can be used as a password.
To locate the activation lock bypass code:
- Go to the Devices tab in top navigation.
- Select a device.
- In the right panel, select the Summary tab.
- Scroll to the Security section to view the 30-character bypass code.